- 1 (20-24-ounce) Certified Angus Beef® porterhouse steak
- 1 lemon, washed
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 12 spears petite asparagus (or 6 normal size)
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Zest half of lemon and set lemon and zest aside. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a bowl, toss together fingerlings, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Place in ovenproof casserole dish and roast until browned and softened (25-30 minutes), stirring once or twice during roasting.
- While potatoes are roasting, season steak with salt and pepper. Sear steak on a grill pan over high heat, 2 minutes per side. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Add asparagus to pan and place in oven until asparagus softens and steak is at the desired doneness, approximately 5 minutes for medium rare. Remove steak from pan and allow to rest on cutting board, tented with foil.
- Slice lemon in half; juice one half over roasted potatoes. Add asparagus, lemon zest and parsley; stir to combine and divide among two plates. Cut meat from the “t-bone” of the porterhouse. Slice if desired and serve tenderloin or strip steak cuts according to preference.
Fat: 34 g
Saturated Fat: 12 g
Cholesterol: 207 mg
Carbohydrate: 29 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 76 g
Sodium: 315 mg
Iron: 54% of Daily Value